Faux Fu

Saturday, May 25, 2019

The Plain, Simple Reality of Life!

I heard a phrase this morning that rings a bell...

"That experience just doesn't translate." 

Exactly. Even if you are a writer of distinction, it is hard, maybe impossible, to convey some of our most profound, core experiences. You actually have to experience the experience to understand it. This is especially true of anything that comes to us truly, madly, deeply, completely.

I think of some of my great insights or epiphanies, or a few of my transcendent experiences that I have had over the years. I am unable to really explain, or adequately convey. As soon as I try to write down, or verbalize, it seems so partial, paltry, almost misses the point entirely.

So yes, a mystery wrapped in a mystery. Our deepest, most important experiences sit with us unexplained, unexplainable, untranslatable.  That's just the plain, simple reality of our lives.

Blog Archive