Faux Fu

Saturday, May 18, 2019

"Be Like A Leaf In The River... Just Flow!"

"Be like a Leaf in the River... just flow!"

My friend, has a friend, a woman from Cambodia who now lives and works here in the States. Yes, she's Buddhist. Yesterday, my friend was in conversation with her friend at work. My friend's friend laid that line on her. She told my friend that it was a line that her mother would always say to her. Very Zen. This morning my friend laid that line on me, before I had even had a chance to make the morning coffee, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Really. Funny. Simple line. Simple thought. Yes, be like a leaf in the river, just flow. You don't know how you got there, you don't know where you are going, you are floating along, carried along by a power bigger than yourself. Not that weird, or novel of an idea. I mean, it's probably something that I've heard many times before, but this morning, it just resonates with the power of plain, perfectly realized truth. A little world-cracking epiphany. Just perfect. Perfectly simple. Seems so right.  Life-changing. Life-affirming. I mean, exactly. Right?

Blog Archive