I am not a Grade A Worrier. I know because I live with one. If I have a worry on my mind, and I mention it to my friend, well, I am quickly shown to be an amateur, my paltry little worries are nothing compared to what's going on in my friend's head. Some folks are just really, really good at worrying. I'm a piker.
So despite my recent posts, I am not usually the worrying kind. I mean, yes, I am worried that the human population on the planet is unsustainable, that there are way too many of us, and I have no idea how we will deal with that, and, of course, it's obvious that we are hurtling towards some kind of climate apocalypse, we will burn up every last drop of oil in the ground, burn up every last chunk of coal, and continue to poison the atmosphere with carbon dioxide leading to a massive altering of our habitable ecosystem. Think: food scarcity, mass migration, flooding, mega-storms, extreme hot, extreme cold, dead oceans, massive species extinction, etc. Seems inevitable. And what about War? Are we going to blunder into another insane conflict? I have absolutely no faith in the leaders of the world making rational decisions for the rest of us. Sometimes my fellow humans really, really disappoint. I mean we can be so appalling, so unspeakably horrifying.
Shite, I am just one little human being, what can I do to make life better for my species? Big worries loom over all of us. How will we make it thru the day? We all have to live the best we can.
I park those big old worries over to the side, and decide to carry on. I think: What I'm going to have for lunch? Or, What am I gonna wear today? Is it hot outside? Is it cold outside? How am I gonna fill up my day?
How can I the best person I can be? How do I live a good life? Am I doing what I'm "supposed" to be doing? Who do I ask? Little questions. Little worries. Add them to the list. But you know, I'm just not a Grade A Worrier! I promise, I'm not!
- Democracy Dies in Self-Satisfied Laziness and Bore...
- Whatever Happened to Reading Comprehension?
- The End Times!
- Addicted to Cheating!
- Day of the Dead.
- The Art of Living...
- The Plain, Simple Reality of Life!
- Death By A Thousand Paper Cuts!
- I was Ready to Go in for the Kill!
- Venture Forth Into the Murky Mist!
- "Normal" is a Chimera!
- A Better Taco!
- Start a Conversation and See What Happens!
- "Be Like A Leaf In The River... Just Flow!"
- I am Not a Grade A Worrier!
- No War!
- The Soundtrack to Our Grand, Toxic, Overstuffed,To...
- A Plague, A Cancer, A Sign of Illness...
- Divine Law, Astrology, Mood Rings, Yoga, Whatever....
- Catch the Fever!
- Maybe it was a Hex for Good Luck?!
- Sweet Seduction!
- Sleuth or Surfer?
- The Full Digital Discography!
- We are Murdering Life on the Planet!
- The Perfect Wave!
- A Good Day.
- American Music's Holy Grail!
- Small Men Telling Big Lies
- Kamala Harris Totally Eviscerates the AG Clown!
- Barr was Lying About the Mueller Report! Thought S...
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)