The Kentucky Derby is today...
I remember that guy who used "dope out" the Racing Form, who poured over past performances and made little marks on newsprint with a pen, highlighting key info. I hesitated at going to the newsstand and buying a Racing Form, but then I remembered that guy who wouldn't have hesitated, and I walked over and bought a Form in memory of that guy.
And then it was obvious: I buy the Racing Form, I study it, I make my picks, I must make my bets. The first step requires each of the following steps. A whole series dictated by that first step. You cannot make your picks and then not bet! Worse than a mortal sin!
So after intensive study, I traveled downtown to place my bets at the betting parlor. But it turns out all the betting parlors in the big city have vanished. One site is now a pizza place. Another is a Chick-fil-A. Hah! I am living in a past that no longer exists. It has been erased.
And my "system" is a relic from another time and place too. Weird. Who knew I was living in a time-warp? So I made a call and someone else is running my bet for me. And I've picked a long-shot. There are many good reasons why my pick should not win the Derby. And just one good reason why he will win.
I stake my hopes and my cash on that one good reason. Lines of Battle - morning line 30-1 shot! That's my pick. That guy I used to know, that guy I used to be, would be betting on him too.
- ► 2020 (263)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- Truly a Believer
- Dramas of Light & Shade!
- He Actually Could Get Satisfaction!
- Miracle Film in Glorious Black & White!
- Hackneyed, Banal, Commonplace, Trivial, Threadbare...
- Pain, Fear & Doubt - These States are Useful Too!
- The Anti-Buddha!
- New Music We Love!
- You Are Badly Out of Tune My Baby!
- Slamming Doors!
- Addicted to Addiction
- Addicted to Love, Or What Else You Got?!
- Higher Power. Yes. Of Course.
- Oh Yeah, Everybody Needs Love!
- A New Beat to the Beat
- I Can Eat Cake!
- It Felt Great!
- We Get to Choose What Has Meaning...
- Very, Very Funny! Marry A Man!
- I woke up...
- Think It!
- Work and Joy!
- The "Hard Cases" Open Your Head!
- A man lives by his system and dies by it too!
- Lines of Battle - One Good Reason!
- Nice Game
- Genuine Guise of Innocence
- Dedicated to the Cause
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)