You can have an "open door" policy, but slamming doors, and burning bridges is part of it too.
Ray Manzarek died yesterday. His legendary band opened doors for sure. I never heard another band quite like the Doors. Jim Morrison's voice, Manzarek's organ, Robby Kreiger's guitar, John Densmore's drums. The sound came out fully formed. Their first album is just stunning. Perfect.
They burned out fairly quickly. Morrison was dead by 1971. But those sounds, those vibrations still live. The Doors were not a feel-good outfit. Lots of trouble surrounded them. And Morrison just imploded - a drunk, a junkie falling in on himself.
The after-effects of that band lasted for a long, long time. Their legend just got bigger and bigger. They are a darkness. They are still with us.
- ► 2019 (346)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- Truly a Believer
- Dramas of Light & Shade!
- He Actually Could Get Satisfaction!
- Miracle Film in Glorious Black & White!
- Hackneyed, Banal, Commonplace, Trivial, Threadbare...
- Pain, Fear & Doubt - These States are Useful Too!
- The Anti-Buddha!
- New Music We Love!
- You Are Badly Out of Tune My Baby!
- Slamming Doors!
- Addicted to Addiction
- Addicted to Love, Or What Else You Got?!
- Higher Power. Yes. Of Course.
- Oh Yeah, Everybody Needs Love!
- A New Beat to the Beat
- I Can Eat Cake!
- It Felt Great!
- We Get to Choose What Has Meaning...
- Very, Very Funny! Marry A Man!
- I woke up...
- Think It!
- Work and Joy!
- The "Hard Cases" Open Your Head!
- A man lives by his system and dies by it too!
- Lines of Battle - One Good Reason!
- Nice Game
- Genuine Guise of Innocence
- Dedicated to the Cause
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)