The story isn't going away... instead, it is the story of our times...
U.S. President-Elect Donald Trump, compromised by Russian Intelligence. Vladimir Putin of Russia, conducts a hacking/disinformation campaign, and simultaneously sabotages the Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, and the Republican candidate Donald Trump. Russia undermines the 2016 U.S. Election and sows doubt and confusion about free and fair elections around the world.
Trump is to be sworn in on January 20, (will it really happen?), and becomes President under a massive black cloud of illegitimacy. The man who spent years questioning the legitimacy of President Barack Obama, (claiming he was not a U.S. born citizen, even though early on there was no doubt Obama was born in Hawaii), enters office crippled with a brewing espionage scandal, major business conflicts, rumors of a sex tape and major financial crimes. Trump still defiantly refuses to release his tax returns, suggesting that there is incriminating evidence buried within.
You hope that the New York Times and the Washington Post and all the major newspapers have investigative reporters on the case. You hope that the FBI and the CIA and the NSA are not compromised by ideology, and that they will diligently, doggedly search for the truth.
I don't know if it's encouraging or disheartening to realize that some of the best reporting and intelligence so far is coming from overseas. First there was this report from Israel that U.S. Intelligence warned Israeli Intelligence not to share secrets with Trump and his team because they have been compromised by Russia.
And there is this excellent narrative from the Independent in the U.K. about Christopher Steele, the M16 British Agent who compiled the infamous dossier on Trump and Russia. Seems Steele believes that the FBI may have sat on the file and the investigation of Trump even as they tried hard to come up with something against Hillary Clinton. Very, very disturbing.
Still it's a great read. Why does it take a British newspaper to spell things out so clearly?
I am confident that even though we are in a hall of mirrors, the truth, or at least the gist of it will come out. Too many players now on the case. You would think that all the key Intelligence Services are trying to get to the bottom of things; so many of our allies worry about a Russia/America alliance. I expect the Israelis, the Germans, the French, the British Intelligence Services will all help uncover the truth.
Same thing with the major investigative reporting teams around the world. This will not stand. The U.S. cannot have a Russian Dupe or Asset in the White House. Not acceptable!
- Defining Days!
- Human Beings Are Often Wrong!
- "No Donny, these men are Nihilists."
- Sometimes We Underestimate the Power of Hate.
- Those Who Resist, the Resistance - The Yossarians!...
- Those Who Follow Are Fools, Sick & Mad Too!
- Bumpy Ride!
- Unsound Mind...
- "The Largest Protest in U.S. History!"
- A Soviet-Era Shit-Show. This was Not a Well-Attend...
- Sounds Like a Cheap Marvel Comic Ripoff!
- January 20, 2017 - Inauguration Day - A Day of Mou...
- "Fear & Loathing in Washington D.C."
- "Every one I know is pretty much freaking out..."
- Paul Krugman Says It Better Than I!
- Walking Backwards & in Circles - A Sign of the Tim...
- The U.S. Cannot Have a Russian Dupe or Asset in th...
- So, It's Judgement Day, Every Day!
- Just the Tip of a Big Whomping Iceberg!
- Barack Hussein Obama - A Balm for Our Weary, Batte...
- British & U.S. Intelligence: Mr. Big Little Baby-M...
- The Village Idiot Experiment: Every Village has it...
- Meryl Streep Speaks the Truth About the Little Bab...
- That, in the end, is always the killer...
- A "BFD." No Way Around It!
- "No to the Tin-Pot Despot!"
- Yes, We Have Entered Weirds-Ville!
- A Sick, Twisted, Solitaire!
- The Full-On Creep is Full-On Display!
- Trump's Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Fortune!
- I Vow to Be More Joyful!
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)