Yes. Of course. I have always loved Meryl Streep. One of our great actresses. An artist. Complete. And her speech at the Golden Globes ripping into Trump is pitch-perfect, essential. And it takes guts to stand up on a stage and challenge the Little Baby-Man at this juncture. Thank you Meryl Streep! Our nation turns it's lonely eyes to you...
"But there was one performance this year that stunned me. It sank its hooks in my heart. Not because it was good; there was nothing good about it. But it was effective and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh, and show their teeth. It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter. Someone he outranked in privilege, power and the capacity to fight back. It kind of broke my heart when I saw it, and I still can’t get it out of my head, because it wasn’t in a movie. It was real life. And this instinct to humiliate, when it’s modeled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody’s life, because it kinda gives permission for other people to do the same thing. Disrespect invites disrespect, violence incites violence. And when the powerful use their position to bully others we all lose. O.K., go on with it.
O.K., this brings me to the press. We need the principled press to hold power to account, to call him on the carpet for every outrage. That’s why our founders enshrined the press and its freedoms in the Constitution. So I only ask the famously well-heeled Hollywood Foreign Press and all of us in our community to join me in supporting the Committee to Protect Journalists, because we’re gonna need them going forward, and they’ll need us to safeguard the truth." - Meryl Streep
BTW - The Little Baby-Man later took to Twitter to deny that he made fun of a disabled reporter. Unfortunately for him it is on videotape. It's amazing how that Little Baby-Man can lie so brazenly. He wants to tell us: "Don't believe what you see. Don't believe what I said yesterday. Just take me at my word today." Ridiculous Little Baby-Man!
BTW #2 - Seems Trump's spokeswoman, Kelly Anne Conway is really taking to her job of defending the indefensible: "You always want to go by what comes out of his mouth rather than look at what’s in his heart."
Hah! That's a good one. Don't judge the man by what he says or does, judge him on what Kelly Anne tells us is "in his heart." Yikes! They really must think we are all gullible little sheep.
- Defining Days!
- Human Beings Are Often Wrong!
- "No Donny, these men are Nihilists."
- Sometimes We Underestimate the Power of Hate.
- Those Who Resist, the Resistance - The Yossarians!...
- Those Who Follow Are Fools, Sick & Mad Too!
- Bumpy Ride!
- Unsound Mind...
- "The Largest Protest in U.S. History!"
- A Soviet-Era Shit-Show. This was Not a Well-Attend...
- Sounds Like a Cheap Marvel Comic Ripoff!
- January 20, 2017 - Inauguration Day - A Day of Mou...
- "Fear & Loathing in Washington D.C."
- "Every one I know is pretty much freaking out..."
- Paul Krugman Says It Better Than I!
- Walking Backwards & in Circles - A Sign of the Tim...
- The U.S. Cannot Have a Russian Dupe or Asset in th...
- So, It's Judgement Day, Every Day!
- Just the Tip of a Big Whomping Iceberg!
- Barack Hussein Obama - A Balm for Our Weary, Batte...
- British & U.S. Intelligence: Mr. Big Little Baby-M...
- The Village Idiot Experiment: Every Village has it...
- Meryl Streep Speaks the Truth About the Little Bab...
- That, in the end, is always the killer...
- A "BFD." No Way Around It!
- "No to the Tin-Pot Despot!"
- Yes, We Have Entered Weirds-Ville!
- A Sick, Twisted, Solitaire!
- The Full-On Creep is Full-On Display!
- Trump's Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Fortune!
- I Vow to Be More Joyful!
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)