Let's take a short break from Big Little Baby-Man and "cloud cuckoo land." I don't really understand what's happening. It's all getting curiouser and curiouser. Something very weird & disturbing is unfolding. Something terrible has happened, and someone terrible has been elevated before us, a man unworthy & unsavory, a disgrace, an abomination, a walking car crash.
In the meantime, I'd like to turn to Barack Hussein Obama. If you haven't done so already, please watch his farewell address: 51 minutes, 25 seconds of goodness. It will soothe your weary, battered psyche & soul.
What to say about this man? I do love him. I love who is, what he represents, the way he acts and presents himself to the world. To me he truly embodies the best of America. A mix of White & Black. A true "boundary-crosser." I think of other world-shaking boundary-crossers like him and can only come up with the mind-blowing and unlikely musical hybrids - Bob Marley & Jimi Hendrix - unique Human cocktails.
Obama's own personal history is so unique, he can not be put in a simple category. His Political Enemies couldn't really take on the man, they needed to invent another character all together; they tried to paint him as a radical, Kenyan, Socialist, not American-Made, a secret Muslim & Liberal out to destroy the U.S.
Obama has never played the partisan politics game. Maybe sometimes to his detriment. He always "went high, when they went low." Which means some times you do the right thing and lose. But Obama is always playing "the long game," and you can see he believes that reason, truth, honesty, virtue & hard work will pay off in the long run and move us forward.
So inspiring. So powerful. A truly beautiful man. I think of words and phrases to describe him: classy, eloquent, inspiring, brilliant, compassionate, honest, full of grace, hard-working, forgiving, positive, radiant, illuminating, enlightened, soulful, funny, American, the best of us, one of our better angels, a man, a good man, a really, really good man.
I am, we are all, lucky to have seen and heard this man in real-time. I wish him the best. We need him.
- Defining Days!
- Human Beings Are Often Wrong!
- "No Donny, these men are Nihilists."
- Sometimes We Underestimate the Power of Hate.
- Those Who Resist, the Resistance - The Yossarians!...
- Those Who Follow Are Fools, Sick & Mad Too!
- Bumpy Ride!
- Unsound Mind...
- "The Largest Protest in U.S. History!"
- A Soviet-Era Shit-Show. This was Not a Well-Attend...
- Sounds Like a Cheap Marvel Comic Ripoff!
- January 20, 2017 - Inauguration Day - A Day of Mou...
- "Fear & Loathing in Washington D.C."
- "Every one I know is pretty much freaking out..."
- Paul Krugman Says It Better Than I!
- Walking Backwards & in Circles - A Sign of the Tim...
- The U.S. Cannot Have a Russian Dupe or Asset in th...
- So, It's Judgement Day, Every Day!
- Just the Tip of a Big Whomping Iceberg!
- Barack Hussein Obama - A Balm for Our Weary, Batte...
- British & U.S. Intelligence: Mr. Big Little Baby-M...
- The Village Idiot Experiment: Every Village has it...
- Meryl Streep Speaks the Truth About the Little Bab...
- That, in the end, is always the killer...
- A "BFD." No Way Around It!
- "No to the Tin-Pot Despot!"
- Yes, We Have Entered Weirds-Ville!
- A Sick, Twisted, Solitaire!
- The Full-On Creep is Full-On Display!
- Trump's Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Fortune!
- I Vow to Be More Joyful!
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)