Friday, January 20, 2017
January 20, 2017 - Inauguration Day - A Day of Mourning in America!
January 20, 2017. Inauguration Day. I have heard it may rain in Washington D.C. today. I hope so. It would really be quite appropriate - a cold, steady, hard rain.
We are in mourning around here today. A certain American idea is dying a little bit today. Hopefully, only a little bit, but dying is dying.
We don't elect a Ruler in America. We elect a President. He (or she) is supposed to be a "servant of the people." Sometimes it works out that way, and sometimes not. It's a powerful position, and this will be the 45th person to fill the office.
I can't imagine a less deserving person to fill the office. As they say you can respect the office, without having to respect the person filling it. This particular man does not command respect. He has basically huffed & puffed his way into the job; insulting Americans of all genders, races, creeds, and colors. He has insulted legitimate American heroes - John Lewis (civil right's hero), John McCain (Vietnam POW), the Parents of a fallen Bronze Star Muslim American Soldier.
So I guess in that way, this new version of President is quite unique - he brings people together by insulting them! I believe the vast sea of humanity that has been insulted by this man shall unite! A Movement of the Insulted!
I refuse to say or write his name today. If I were to describe him I would use words like this: Confidence Man, the Short-Fingered Vulgarian, Big Little Baby Man, a Foul-Mouthed Bully. Not a man inclined to work hard to earn our trust. Not exactly a uniting force for good.
So a new day dawns. It feels like death. A death sentence. As Dylan once sang: "They are selling postcards of the hanging..."
I am usually, congenitally, of an optimistic frame of mind. Looking for the silver lining. So my silver lining: I don't think this new President will last. I expect him to implode. Probably sooner rather than later.
I just hope as Dylan also sang in the "Day of the Locusts:" - "Well, I was praying the pieces wouldn't fall on me..."
- Defining Days!
- Human Beings Are Often Wrong!
- "No Donny, these men are Nihilists."
- Sometimes We Underestimate the Power of Hate.
- Those Who Resist, the Resistance - The Yossarians!...
- Those Who Follow Are Fools, Sick & Mad Too!
- Bumpy Ride!
- Unsound Mind...
- "The Largest Protest in U.S. History!"
- A Soviet-Era Shit-Show. This was Not a Well-Attend...
- Sounds Like a Cheap Marvel Comic Ripoff!
- January 20, 2017 - Inauguration Day - A Day of Mou...
- "Fear & Loathing in Washington D.C."
- "Every one I know is pretty much freaking out..."
- Paul Krugman Says It Better Than I!
- Walking Backwards & in Circles - A Sign of the Tim...
- The U.S. Cannot Have a Russian Dupe or Asset in th...
- So, It's Judgement Day, Every Day!
- Just the Tip of a Big Whomping Iceberg!
- Barack Hussein Obama - A Balm for Our Weary, Batte...
- British & U.S. Intelligence: Mr. Big Little Baby-M...
- The Village Idiot Experiment: Every Village has it...
- Meryl Streep Speaks the Truth About the Little Bab...
- That, in the end, is always the killer...
- A "BFD." No Way Around It!
- "No to the Tin-Pot Despot!"
- Yes, We Have Entered Weirds-Ville!
- A Sick, Twisted, Solitaire!
- The Full-On Creep is Full-On Display!
- Trump's Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Fortune!
- I Vow to Be More Joyful!
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)