Wistful this A.M. You know, "vague, regretful longing..."
I dreamed of dead people last night. Not scary. Not worrying. I spoke with the dead. They were fine. Just gone. Or, okay, maybe not gone, just in another less material realm.
This A.M. you can feel time passing. Ha. I mean, of course, time is always passing. That is if you believe in time. Time is a bugger. Relentless. Always on the move.
I am wondering about "apocalypse." Since I have been alive on the planet, it seems that if there is going to be some kind of apocalypse for my species it will be by our own hands. All-out nuclear War. Nuclear Winter. Or, you know, Climate Catastrophe. You know, it won't be God coming down to wreak havoc, it will be human beings murdering their own life-sustaining ecosystem that will do us all in.
We are watching it happen. It seems like a relentless march to an inevitable destruction. I suppose I am wistful for my species. The Fossil Fuels in the ground will make fossils of all of us. I mean, the fossilization is coming anyway, but why hurry it along? Why engage in some weird, species-wide suicide because we can't manage to be sensible stewards of our wondrous habitat. The radio tells me the big worry on everyone's mind: our Consumer Culture will sputter. Yes, the great worry on everyone's mind: Will Shoppers, Stop Shopping?!
We are a silly species. We revel in our ignorance and stupidity. We think we are smart. Wistful. Yes. Wistful this A.M.
- ► 2020 (226)
- Reflect and Mirror.
- The Secret Server - The Road to Hell!
- The Old Marty Feldman/Igor/Young Frankenstein Defe...
- Impeachment & Prison!
- "No Man is Above the Law." - Nancy Pelosi
- "We Will Never Forgive You." - Greta Thunberg
- "Small Acts, When Multiplied by Millions..."
- "We Can Still Fix This..." - G. Thunberg
- I Saw the Future Yesterday...
- Tumbling Down...
- Motion Itself is Good!
- A Crazy, Unimaginable, Impossible, Bewildering Ride
- Wistful this A.M.
- The Space Between Too High and Too Low...
- Our House is in Flames, What are We Gonna Do?
- Better Gods.
- The Mad Idiot King - Ordained by God - NOT!
- The Mad Idiot King: Macbeth/King Lear/Moe Howard!
- The Battle of the White-Coated Gentlemen...
- It Always Happens...
- The Necessary Trick!
- What a Life.
- There is Up, There is Down.
- Not Too Late for the Sky!
- Man or Dummy?
- Beyond the Time of Humans.
- Myself is a Shaky Concept.
- The Method of No Method...
- Emerge & Submerge!
- ▼ September (30)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)