This morning on the cell phone with my friend, she tells me her train is delayed; seems a pedestrian and a train met at a crossroads, and, well, it did not end well for the pedestrian. This is not an uncommon occurrence. It actually happens with a determined regularity.
You wonder to yourself, how is it possible?
If it is unintentional, how can such an event occur? What sequence of events must roll out to lead a pedestrian to be on the tracks at that particular deadly moment?
And if it is intentional, what sequence of events leads one to put themselves in harm's way on a sunny, Wednesday morning?
Either way it is a brutal, deadly, messy end.
Can't imagine. I mean, yes, I can imagine, but it still seems unimaginable. I wake up each day determined to hold onto the wheel. And does the day come when you just want to let that wheel go?
What keeps me hanging on? Coffee and hope.
- ► 2020 (186)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- You Might Ask: "What's Really Going On?"
- Hilarity Phase of Dysfunction!
- The Brain-Washed Uglies!
- Why Would Anyone Work for the Ugliest American?
- The Uglies!
- Coffee & Hope!
- Are Loyalty Oaths Next?!
- They are Messing with Our Minds!
- Powerful, Beautiful, Therapeutic!
- A Rare Good Night's Sleep!
- We are at the Precipice...
- Days of Bafflement & Wonder
- "No other staff were present for the discussion."
- Finally Reality has a Way of Biting You in the Ass!
- "How to Talk to Your Teen About Colluding with Rus...
- Digging a Hole. Beyond Logic. Beyond Rationality.
- "The News is Real, the President is Fake." - Steph...
- "Ride the Storm and Direct the Whirlwind!"
- "A Seething Cauldron of Intrigue and Backstabbing..."
- A Big-Time Story - No Doubt!
- The Authentic Life!
- Am I a Genuine Buddhist?
- Terribly, Terribly Wrong...
- Fear & Loathing Redux!
- Asset Visits His Handler!
- We Need a Strong, Beautiful, Wonderful Woman to Sa...
- He is Not Worthy!
- Modern Day Presidential = Buffoon!
- Respect?! Nope!
- ▼ July (31)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)