Faux Fu

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Conspiracy Theorist Extraordinaire!

There are those people, those totally, all-knowing, always annoying, people, that say, whenever anything happens: "Everything happens for a reason." 

This is usually said in a smug, condescending, or patronizing way.

Nails on a blackboard!

I'm of the camp that says: "Everything happens. Then, we make up our reasons."

And what about the reasons? Some of them are reasonable, some of them are batshit crazy. Depends. 

And when the really big, consequential stuff happens, the reasons people come up with are always totally inadequate. Sometimes shit happens for no good reason.

There are accidents, even freak accidents, coincidences, random noise. Bad luck. Weird shit. Happens all the time. Every day.

So anyway, this a long, roundabout way to get to my point this morning. Yesterday, I was muttering on my dumb flip-phone about "The Russian Thing." A friend overhead me and rolled their eyes. "Oh yeah, Russia again!"

I suppose if you've been paying attention to me, you know that I'm a bit obsessed with this Russian Hacking of the Election/Russian Dupe in the White House Story. Maybe it's sort of an unhealthy obsession?

A rabbit hole? I am beginning to worry that I have become a "conspiracy theorist," - "a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators."

And I suppose in this instance, about this case, yes, indeed, I am a conspiracy theorist. There was a plot, by powerful and not so powerful, smart and not so smart people to hack and influence an American election. And their guy won! 

And this plot was hatched by a Hostile Foreign Government, and enlisted people in America.  That's a freaking conspiracy right there.  I am not the crazy one. I promise. You see the crazy shit right before your eyes, and declare "That's Crazy!" Doesn't mean I'm crazy... really...

Blog Archive