What gives me hope under the shadow of Trump?
1. Barack Obama. This is a must read: David Remnick interviews Barack Obama. I do think Obama will be a strong voice leading the Loyal Opposition. He is always reasoned, measured, and not one to panic. He is an incredible force, the finest President in my lifetime for sure, no doubt, and maybe, just maybe, he will help the Opposition stand strong.
"This is not mathematics; this is biology and chemistry. These are living organisms, and it’s messy. And your job as a citizen and as a decent human being is to constantly affirm and lift up and fight for treating people with kindness and respect and understanding. And you should anticipate that at any given moment there’s going to be flare-ups of bigotry that you may have to confront, or may be inside you and you have to vanquish. And it doesn’t stop. . . . You don’t get into a fetal position about it. You don’t start worrying about apocalypse. You say, O.K., where are the places where I can push to keep it moving forward.”
2. Also, I think it's clear, already, that Trump's Presidency will be comically sordid. The Dude has so many conflicts of interest. And he has no clue. To him business is politics, and politics is business. And of course, it isn't. Pretty sure this will sink him. I have high hopes that real investigative journalists will do their jobs. And if and when the rot is revealed, the Body Public will expel the virus!
3. Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote total continues to grow. You can track the vote totals here: the real, raw numbers from the 2016 National Popular Vote Tracker. As of this morning, her Winning Margin stands at 1.3% of the Popular Vote. Contrary to earlier reports, total vote count is actually up since 2012. We must never, ever lose sight of the fact that more people voted for Clinton than Trump!
4. Alec Baldwin. His portrayal of Trump is epic. His Twitter war with Trump was quite entertaining. Baldwin has obviously hit a raw nerve with Trump via his work on Saturday Night Live. How to destroy the Strutting, Pompous Strongman? Laugh at him. Loudly, proudly. Destroy him with big, joyful, belly laughs. Trump is a fool. Yes, a dangerous fool, but a fool nonetheless.
Ha, ha, ha!
- Who is in Charge?
- Outrage Every Ten Minutes?!
- The Man is Undermining Democracy with Every Breath...
- 60 Million Radicalized White People!
- Hack the Hack or maybe UnHack the Hack!
- Pie in the Sky When You Die!
- Put the Panic on Hold!
- What is Good and Right for Me?!?
- Hope Under the Shadow!
- How Far Back Will We Go? 1950? 1850?
- A Fierce Vision!
- The Outrage is Just Starting!
- Trump Trifecta: Kakistocracy, Autocracy, Kleptocra...
- New Dark Ages Redux Again Survival Tool-Kit!
- Soundtrack for the New Dark Ages Redux Again!
- No Silver Lining!
- It's like the Dark Ages Redux Again!
- America's Original Sins Come Back to Haunt Us!
- The Disrupted, Unsatisfied, Troubled Imagination
- Imagine the Light!
- Waiting to See the Light!
- The Plump Gaseous, Noxious Dirigible Meets His Des...
- Alone in My Room!
- The Strength of Our Beautiful Experiment in Divers...
- Death of Trump's Movement!
- Spiritland in London? Let's Go!
- Crazy Time!
- Last Days in the Furher-Bunker!
- Has Russian Intelligence Compromised Putin's Puppy...
- ▼ November (30)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)