Day before election day. Do we vote for the Woman or the Fascist? You'd think today I'd be writing about politics, but instead, I'm thinking about the posters in my bedroom when I was a wee lad.
No football players, no baseball players, although, I did play Little League baseball & Pee Wee football. One year I even made the all-star team as a left fielder. I don't think I was very good in football. I stumbled around on the field a lot. Still, I do remember making a interception on a hot humid evening as my team's left-side linebacker.
My all time highlight was in Little League when I was moved to pitcher. I wore a long sleeve t-shirt and between each pitch, I'd stop to hitch up the sleeve on my pitching arm. Games I pitched were the longest ever. I'd spend lots of time staring a hole in the catcher's mitt. Anyway, in my greatest game as a pitcher I gave up 10 runs, not too good, but we won the game when I hit a grand slam homer. We won 14-10. I remember rounding the bases, trying to be cool, and all my teammates jumping up and down in joy at home plate to welcome me. I broke out into a wide, shit-eating grin. Highlight reel!
Still, during those years my head was filled with imagery from another world, the world of r&r. My hair was getting longer and longer. And I refused to go to the barbershop. Rebellion! These posters were foundational to my psyche. If I was looking for a clue to "who I am," - hey I have an existential crisis every morning - this might give me a bit of a hint...
- ► 2017 (203)
- Who is in Charge?
- Outrage Every Ten Minutes?!
- The Man is Undermining Democracy with Every Breath...
- 60 Million Radicalized White People!
- Hack the Hack or maybe UnHack the Hack!
- Pie in the Sky When You Die!
- Put the Panic on Hold!
- What is Good and Right for Me?!?
- Hope Under the Shadow!
- How Far Back Will We Go? 1950? 1850?
- A Fierce Vision!
- The Outrage is Just Starting!
- Trump Trifecta: Kakistocracy, Autocracy, Kleptocra...
- New Dark Ages Redux Again Survival Tool-Kit!
- Soundtrack for the New Dark Ages Redux Again!
- No Silver Lining!
- It's like the Dark Ages Redux Again!
- America's Original Sins Come Back to Haunt Us!
- The Disrupted, Unsatisfied, Troubled Imagination
- Imagine the Light!
- Waiting to See the Light!
- The Plump Gaseous, Noxious Dirigible Meets His Des...
- Alone in My Room!
- The Strength of Our Beautiful Experiment in Divers...
- Death of Trump's Movement!
- Spiritland in London? Let's Go!
- Crazy Time!
- Last Days in the Furher-Bunker!
- Has Russian Intelligence Compromised Putin's Puppy...
- ▼ November (30)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)