Maybe I do understand the devolution of America (see previous post). Just take the time to read and think and you come up with some answers.
"Zero Sum" vs. "It Takes a Village." Two opposed world-views. Opposed ideals. Opposed goals. Opposed language. Deeply opposed philosophies. No wonder we can't talk to each other, understand each other, come to any kind of working consensus.
One conception of the world envisions winners and losers. Winners who win everything. Losers who lose everything. Winners are born. Same with losers. It's all against all, baby!
The other conception considers all of us one family. A Global tribe. In it together. No one is alone. Everyone needs everyone. We succeed together. Or fail together.
The 2016 election is a microcosm of this deep dichotomy.
The Authoritarian White Guy. The Winner. Declaring he will gather the winners around him and win. Against the immigrants, the Free-Traders, the Minorities, the whole, motley gang of losers ruining America.
The Progressive White Liberal Woman. Declaring we can create a global village, a "win-win," situation where everyone has to "give a little." Chip in. Offer a helping hand. Carry their brothers to the finish line.
Okay. Simplistic. But maybe the essence of the matter.
- Baby Authoritarian Meets His Big Daddy!
- The Gaseous Dirigible Named Roger Ailes Implodes!
- See the Light, Pass It On!
- Second Hand Thoughts on Trump
- The Antidote!
- Expect the Best!
- Grab Hold of One of Your Strings!
- Bubbles Can Pop!
- Turns Out the Art of the Deal = American Dystopia!...
- GOP Highlights Day 3!
- GOP Highlights!
- Disintegration of the Grand Conservative Hallucina...
- Days of the Uncanny and the Weird.
- An Enigma Wrapped in a Mystery!
- Thousands You Don't...
- Not So Understanding!
- The Quiet Center
- Noblesse Oblige!
- The Architect of the Grand Disinformation Noise Ma...
- A Force for Good!
- Find a Quiet Time, A Quiet Space.
- A Good Time To Reflect
- Zero Sum vs. It Takes A Village!
- America Devolved!
- Beyond the Fringe on Mind!
- Two Films - A Positive Kick!
- One of those 70's People!
- Thoughts, Words, Images Collide this Morning!
- Mysterious Nature of Life!
- ▼ July (31)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)