I suppose I could be wrong, I have been in the past, but I am pretty damn confident that the Short Fingered Vulgarian will not be President. I don't believe in his dystopian vision, I don't believe he is the only one who can fix our problems, I don't think he really understands America, or the world.
So between now and November lots of noise. Of course, "shit happens," so you can't totally count the Vulgarian out. But I will remain, sunny and optimistic, and I do "see" Hillary Clinton being sworn in as President in November.
And I do think it will be a good thing.
There is a deep "moral rot" in the GOP. What Republicans say about America is basically, fundamentally wrong, and they have no solutions, none. They are a party of hate, and dysfunction. An empty, ugly political movement, although, I don't really think it's a movement at all. Lots of unhappy, bitter, delusional people, mainly white people, who just want to yell, and rant and hit out at someone.
And the Short-Fingered Vulgarian is not fit for the office of the Presidency. He really, really could use an an appointment with a Freudian psychoanalyst. Tony Schwartz, the ghostwriter of "The Art of the Deal," paints a picture of a supreme "Narcissist and sociopath!"
So yes, better to try to understand the Vulgarian via psychology or psychiatry, not political science. I suppose the good thing is that the Short Finger Vulgarian has done for us, is to reveal the deep heart of ugliness underlying our political culture.
There is a supremely ugly strain, a sickening virus in the land called "aggrieved white nationalism." The Vulgarian has tapped into this ugly vein. Luckily for us, it's a small group, lurking on the margins. I do hope that the light of day will expose them and maybe that light will just evaporate them. Nothing more than sweat on the laboring ass of our country.
- Baby Authoritarian Meets His Big Daddy!
- The Gaseous Dirigible Named Roger Ailes Implodes!
- See the Light, Pass It On!
- Second Hand Thoughts on Trump
- The Antidote!
- Expect the Best!
- Grab Hold of One of Your Strings!
- Bubbles Can Pop!
- Turns Out the Art of the Deal = American Dystopia!...
- GOP Highlights Day 3!
- GOP Highlights!
- Disintegration of the Grand Conservative Hallucina...
- Days of the Uncanny and the Weird.
- An Enigma Wrapped in a Mystery!
- Thousands You Don't...
- Not So Understanding!
- The Quiet Center
- Noblesse Oblige!
- The Architect of the Grand Disinformation Noise Ma...
- A Force for Good!
- Find a Quiet Time, A Quiet Space.
- A Good Time To Reflect
- Zero Sum vs. It Takes A Village!
- America Devolved!
- Beyond the Fringe on Mind!
- Two Films - A Positive Kick!
- One of those 70's People!
- Thoughts, Words, Images Collide this Morning!
- Mysterious Nature of Life!
- ▼ July (31)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)