Faux Fu

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Expect the Best!

I've probably written this before, because I know I've thought it before, but I have no desire to look thru my old blog posts...

Too much irony, cynicism, sarcasm, conspiracy-mongering, scapegoating in the land. Too many of us just don't believe a thing. We think everything is actually something else.

Now, of course, this "everything is actually something else," rings true for me. We live in the midst of a grand mystery. Everything is symbolic, and metaphorical. We live in a poem, a grand mystic poem.

But we need less "wise-guys" and more open-eyed, open-headed folks. We need more bridge -builders. More folks who want to roll up their sleeves and work together, try stuff, experiment.

We need fewer extremists, and more "pragmatists." Maybe even a few more moderates. People willing to pick and choose solutions from the vast middle of the argument. 

Give me a little hope & optimism. Let's give it up for some honest, heartfelt naivety and innocence. Let's try some trust, respect, and instead of stoking a blatant distrust of everyone and everything, let's give each other the benefit of the doubt.

At least, at first. Let's not assume the worst. Let's expect the best!

Blog Archive