Faux Fu

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Second Hand Thoughts on Trump

** Just watched Obama's speech last night. And it kind of renders what I posted below null & void. A wonderfully masterful speech. I truly, madly deeply love the man and all he stands for. The best of America. For sure. I do wish everyone would watch his speech.

Link here: http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/28/dnc-convention-barack-obama-entire-speech-sot.cnn

Kevin Drum's recap (see below) doesn't do it justice... Obama is talking about the best stuff. I don't understand how anyone could listen to this speech, see the man embody what he does, without admitting he's a fine American, embodying the best of us.

Certainly the finest President in my lifetime. No contest... what a speech-maker too...

This is what I had to say before watching the speech...

Actually I don't have anything to say about the Democratic Convention last night. Didn't listen or watch. I do hope to catch up on some of the speeches this morning. All I have is second-hand opinions to pass on. 

For instance: 

Kevin Drum is in the house, and I do like his wrap-up:
Tonight's speech roundup:
  • Michael Bloomberg: Trump is a con man.
  • Tim Kaine: Trump is a liar.
  • Joe Biden: Trump is a sociopath.
  • Barack Obama: Trump is an asshole. *
  • Decisions, decisions. Who's right?
    Whatever else you think of it, the Democratic convention sure has had a strong lineup of speakers. Even Bloomberg, who's a little stiff on the podium, was pretty good tonight. Biden and Kaine were both sociable and folksy, and Obama, as usual, was inspirational. We'll see how the public responds to all this, but it's hard to see how the Democrats could have done much better in the prime time hour than they have over the past three days.
    *My translation from the original Obamish.

Blog Archive