Yes, it's true at some point "political science" does not help. We are left with psychology, psychiatry, psychoanalysis.
This last week, listening to a few of my fellow Americans speaking on NPR sends me into a funk. An African-American for Trump? A Mexican-American for Trump? An Evangelical for Trump?
The mind reels. Folks who seem totally "fact-resistant." Ill-informed. Irrational. Emotional. You wonder how a democracy can survive.
My only hope is that these folks are out-numbered. But I realize I live in a progressively liberal bubble. And bubbles can pop!
- Baby Authoritarian Meets His Big Daddy!
- The Gaseous Dirigible Named Roger Ailes Implodes!
- See the Light, Pass It On!
- Second Hand Thoughts on Trump
- The Antidote!
- Expect the Best!
- Grab Hold of One of Your Strings!
- Bubbles Can Pop!
- Turns Out the Art of the Deal = American Dystopia!...
- GOP Highlights Day 3!
- GOP Highlights!
- Disintegration of the Grand Conservative Hallucina...
- Days of the Uncanny and the Weird.
- An Enigma Wrapped in a Mystery!
- Thousands You Don't...
- Not So Understanding!
- The Quiet Center
- Noblesse Oblige!
- The Architect of the Grand Disinformation Noise Ma...
- A Force for Good!
- Find a Quiet Time, A Quiet Space.
- A Good Time To Reflect
- Zero Sum vs. It Takes A Village!
- America Devolved!
- Beyond the Fringe on Mind!
- Two Films - A Positive Kick!
- One of those 70's People!
- Thoughts, Words, Images Collide this Morning!
- Mysterious Nature of Life!
- ▼ July (31)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)