I had sort of a "deja vu" experience yesterday. I was confronted by a figure of authority, although to be honest, this particular authority was not very authoritative. And this "confrontation" which wasn't really a confrontation, more just a meeting, was uncomfortable, and weird, and it made me really unsure about the encounter/experience.
I said to myself, "What is that feeling?!"
And I realized it really was a feeling I used to feel all the time. In another time and place. I used to work at a company with a cast of real bad characters. And there were all these strutting, ego-balloons, figures of authority who used to lie to me all the time. They lied to everyone. But especially to their employees.
I was lied to my face all the time. It was a daily occurrence. And it was always uncomfortable, and frustrating, and disappointing. So yesterday, this same feeling came over me in the face of this tin-pot authority. This guy was lying to my face. He could hardly look at me while he did it. And it made me super-uncomfortable. I realize I can usually tell when someone is lying to me, and I don't like it.
Not at all.
- ► 2017 (365)
- The Heart of the Matter - Atoms vs. Stories!
- In the Past, Now in the Moment!
- Always a Better Day!
- The "Meg Thing!"
- It Came Down to Meg!
- "We don't want a revolution..."
- A Stark Choice!
- That's It. Life!
- A King for Sure!
- "It's fun being scum, too." - J. Lydon
- Social Media Cesspool!
- I Don't Like the Lying!
- Bernie is Feeling "The Bern!"
- Transgender - Love & Respect!
- Morally Loathsome!
- Be Radical, Be Hopeful!
- When Does the Short-Fingered Vulgarian Cry Uncle?!...
- "Vinyl" - A Black Hole of Nothingness
- Can Watching an Original Netflix Series Make You a...
- Tom Petty R&R Hero!
- Center-Left Bias!
- Not Even Close!
- Lean to the Light!
- Radiohead - Coolest of the Cool!
- Political Junkie-Hood!
- For and Against!
- The Woman Card x 2 = Political Oblivion for the Sh...
- I Will Greatly Miss Barack Hussein Obama!
- What is Aging Like?!
- We Can Understand that We Don't Understand So Much...
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)