Faux Fu

Monday, July 13, 2020

Of Course, All of the Above...

Feeling a bit blue? A bit down and out? Feel a bit like an "Unseen Hand" is gripping your head and squeezing, hard?

Maybe it is...

Spiritual
Psychological
Rational
Biological
Physical
Hysterical
Metaphysical
Logical
Delusional
Pathological
Sociological

Maybe, (and you knew this was coming), all of the above?

The a.m. soundtrack - Lucinda Williams' - "Good Souls Better Than Angels" (2020) - Just bought this one. Listened once. A total knockout. I mean, I was stopped in my tracks a few times. Head-turning music, played with true-grit. I didn't catch all the words, but Lucinda is on fire. She is pissed off, raging against the dying of the light, and the stupidity and evil nature of many of those surrounding us. She is a hell-cat. One of our finest singer-songwriters. No doubt. This time around the band totally, totally kicks ass. Stuart Mathis is phenomenal on guitar. It's raw, dirty, rocking. My jaw dropped a couple times during playback. The production is fabulous. Kudos to the great, legendary producer Ray Kennedy. Recorded in Nashville. One listen tells you this is a classic. One of the finest. Love the fire and brimstone from Lucinda. I'd go to hell and back with her, the ride is worth it. Can't wait to put it on again.  I need to understand the words too. More than worth it.

Blog Archive