Faux Fu

Wednesday, July 01, 2020

All the News is Bad...

All the news is bad.

It's the first day of July. 
Summer in the Heartland.

Hot & sticky today.

I have the radio on (am I nuts?)
and all the news is bad.

I mean, every damn story.
Bad.

What's a Pilgrim to do with that?

I decide to let the chatter flow over me.

I mean, I want to know what's going on in the world.
But I refuse to be swamped.

I'm gonna have to find some serious diversions today.
I expect lots of activity. 
Lots of music.
Sink into a book.
Keep moving.

Lean to the light. Damn the torpedoes.

The a.m. soundtrack - Silence. This morning: silence. No music. I just let the radio chatter away at me like some weird electronic Tower of Babel. It reminds me that my fellow human beings are a gnarly, disagreeable lot. Oh man, we could do so much better!

Blog Archive