Faux Fu

Thursday, July 02, 2020

Not So Smart...

Humans.
We aren't as smart as we think we are.
I write from the perspective of a Human.
I have lots of experience being Human.
And of not being as smart as I think I am.

We are clever.
We are resourceful.
We are enduring.
We are legion.

But every day, many of us go out of our way to prove that we are not as smart as we think we are.
That is just the reality of the situation.
The Human Predicament.

It's explains a lot.

Look at our burning planet. 
Look at the vanishing nature of nature, caused by Human ignorance.
Look at the ugly mess of our Politics. 
Look at all the pain, horror and suffering we inflict on ourselves and our fellow Humans.

Look at the endless steam of idiocy, selfishness, small-minded-ness we unleash every day.
Yikes.

Yesterday, out in the Heartland, wearing my mask, trying to be safe, I ran into a friend. She was not wearing a mask. She admitted she was "terrified" of getting Covid-19. But she wasn't wearing a mask while she was out walking her dog. I asked her why. Her response: "I just don't want to."

Exactly. We are not as smart as we think we are.

The a.m. soundtrack - More silence this morning. Sometimes silence is the only appropriate soundtrack. A moment of silence for the enduring Stupidity of Man...

Blog Archive