Faux Fu

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Consciousness and Energy!

I may be wrong, but I do think that materialism is a lie. A pretty big one. We are told that if we can't touch or see something it doesn't exist. So spirit, energy, vibes are kind of dismissed as wacky new age stuff. A massive lie which most of us believe. Some folks tell us that material, matter is everything. There are whole philospophies built upon that belief. And every day we seem to be ruled by matter and material things. Of course, we have bodies, made of cells, organs, flesh, bones, material all. Our bodies are subject to the laws of nature. Matter, matters. It seems everything flows from matter. We are led to believe that matter is all that matters. It's a bright, shiny lie that seems true. The Universe is overstuffed with matter and anti-matter.

But my experience tells me that the immaterial, the invisible things that drive, animate and float around us actually rule our lives. I am thinking of energy, spirit, emotion, feeling, consciousness. Do these invisible things emerge from matter, or do they infuse or descend upon matter?  Is it a stupid question? Maybe all the essential, important questions are stupid.

Energy is eternal delight. Consciousness is like a cloud of unknowing wrapped around the universe. I am no great thinker, I am back, stumbling in my little dark closet. But I throw my lot in with those who believe in a certain Spiritualism. I guess that puts me on the side of Aristotle, Plato, Pindar and Descartes. Go team!

So, yes, I can live in the world of material, the bounty of material, but at the same time, I know that I am more than my body, and the Unierse is more than matter. Energy. Right? I am all about consciousness and energy. Maybe an energy and consciousness beyond matter? No need to call it anything. Just experience it. Embrace it.

Blog Archive