We need new heroes...
What is a Hero? "A person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities."
There are a few of those wandering around in the Human Herd. Although in this day and age, we are all looking for the fatal flaw, the scandal, the times and places when the Hero doesn't act accordingly.
We want our Heroes to be Human. We put them up to knock them down. It's a "status game" that is familiar to us all. Maybe it's built into our genetic code?
Yesterday, I was stunned, Jesus in America (the one without a cat), revealed a whole new side to himself. He sat inside a little coffee shop, sketching in an artist's sketch book. He was alone. He is always alone. But there he was with a shop full of people, just like anyone else. Just another human being. Jesus in America seems so much more cultured, gentrified, and hipster-ish. Not the dangerous, feral street person I conjured up.
I tried to quickly peek over his shoulder to see what he was sketching, but couldn't get close enough. No way was I gonna hover over Jesus in America. Or start a conversation. Although I was dying to. I moved to the line to get my caffeine fix.
Let me imagine what he was sketching: Jesus in America was sketching out a new kind of Hero. Maybe a young girl with Superpowers. Native American? Asian-American? African American? How about a Syrian Refugee?
Her Superpowers? Compassion. Love. Empathy. Integrity. A sense of Social Justice. And a commitment to a better World. A Feminist, Environmentalist, Vegetarian. Also of course, she can punch through walls, leap tall buildings, and break out some kick-ass Kung Fu moves.
A well-rounded Heroine. Her fatal flaw? She likes the Eagles. Oh Jesus!
- He's Tweeting Gibberish Now!
- Cool But Sullied!
- Money + Arrogance + Ignorance + Unlimited Corrupti...
- Who is Basically a Shithead!
- Useful Definitions for Current Events!
- Better. We are Better Than This.
- 2 Stepford-Like Dark Angels of Doom, 1 Noxious, To...
- You Know it's All a Delicate Balance.
- 45 Channels Something...
- Jesus in America Pt. 27
- Maybe We Have a Chance?!
- That's the Best Part!
- It's All Pretty Much a Stupid-Fest!
- Maybe this Karma Thing is Real?
- A tale of an Idiot, told by a mad posse of Methed-...
- How Not to Be President of the USA
- Jesus in America Pt. 26
- King Lear without the Gravitas!
- Destruction of a Man!
- The President of the USA is in Full Meltdown Mode!...
- A fat, old, white guy, yelling at his TV set
- "There is grave wrongdoing at the center of the Ru...
- Jesus in America Pt. 25
- Jesus in America Pt. 24
- Jesus in America Pt. 23
- Jesus in America Pt. 22
- Jesus in America Pt. 21
- Jesus in America Pt. 20
- Jesus in America Pt. 19
- Jesus in America Pt. 18
- Jesus in America Pt. 17
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)