Faux Fu

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Jesus in America Pt. 19

I turn my lonely eyes to you...

I have done my best to write of other things. To think of other things. To worry about other things. Still, I am very much aware of the Militantly Ignorant Captain of our Ship of State.  Maybe it's a Ship of Fools? 

I have wasted too many brain cells & pixels thinking about our Sick Little Baby Man. I have thought long and hard about him and his job. I have probably spent more time thinking and caring about him, his office, and our country, than the man has himself. Which is ridiculous right? I am just a Lonely Pilgrim tracking the movements of Jesus in America in the Heartland.

He is the President of the United States. It seems he is quickly disintegrating on the job. His brain is falling apart. He says crazy, stupid, twisted, nonsensical things every day. He lies constantly.

As one observer puts it: "You can be too ignorant to know you’re ignorant.” 

Read David Remnick on Trump's first 100 days. An American Horror Story. It feels like a 1000 days, or 10,000 days. There's an outrage every hour. Remnick is a writer of distinction. A master. Essential reading.

"Impulsive, egocentric, and mendacious, Trump has, in the same span, set fire to the integrity of his office." - D. Remnick


Someone should intervene. Calling Jesus in America! The Little Baby Man is flailing. Failing. He is capable of doing great damage to himself and to us too.  It's a fascinating Reality TV show, but really it's best to turn it off. There is a sickness in the land. We all must try to inoculate ourselves from the sickness of the Little Baby Man, the Plague of the Militantly Ignorant One!

Blog Archive