Faux Fu

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Three Snakes at the Door!

As it is said, "walk the mystical path on practical feet." We live in a world of signs and wonders. Be aware, alive, eyes open wide.

So we both noticed the three rubber snakes, (I saw three black snakes, my companion saw three dark green snakes), artfully arranged on the chair, just to the left of the door where we were working; doing good, important work. Two snakes curled and facing in downward direction, the middle snake curled and facing in an upward direction. 

Cheap theatrics? Child's play? A little art installation? Neither of us said a word to the other. Neither of us asked our host, "What's with the snakes?!"

On the way home, we both acknowledged seeing the little serpent display, we concluded it was some kind of conjuring, a spell, a ritualistic act, meant to set the tone, to direct or change the energy.

My companion revealed that she did stand before the little altar of snakes and drew a circle in the air. As for me, I just looked at those little rubber beasts in wonder.  This morning I do a little research on "Serpent symbolism,"  "Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made" (Genesis 3:1). 

Think: fertility, regeneration, guardian of the mysteries of birth and rebirth. I suppose we will take it all as a helping hand to our work.

Blog Archive