Faux Fu

Monday, May 04, 2020

What Season is It?

What season is it?

You may think it's Covid-19 season, always on, all the time.

But actually, it's Spring. Green buds. Green grass. Flowers pushing up into the daylight. Milder temps. Healing sunshine.

What day is it?

You may think it's Covid-19 Day.

But actually it's Monday.  We still have a rotating 7 day week. Despite appearances.

I just finished Albert Camus' masterful novel "The Plague." I don't think I am giving anything away if I say it's a powerful, indelible read. On the last page we get to the nub of the question, and there we find the narrator's, and probably Camus' answer too...

"... to state quite simply what we learn in time of pestilence: that there are more things to admire in men than to despise."

Yes. Maybe. It's a close call. I mean I hope so. I suppose we'd put Camus in the optimistic/hopeful camp. I'd like to be there too.

The a.m. soundtrack - Bombino's - "Deran"  (2018). Beautiful, liquid, flowing guitar lines from this amazing Nigerian musician. The songs are all in a language I don't understand. I like it like that. The voice is just as fluid and beautiful as the electric guitar. Every track is like a rippling, flowing stream, an absolutely gorgeous sound. It all sounds "spiritual" to me. Electric guitar church.

Blog Archive