Faux Fu

Saturday, May 09, 2020

Dissident of the Light.

I have to rally.
Get tough, because when the going gets tough,
the tough get going (hat tip: V. Lombardi).

So many people I know are:

downhearted
gloomy
desperate
doomy
sad
depressed
suffering from PSTD
faithless
pessimistic
apocalyptic
cynical
sarcastic
paranoid
conspiracy-minded
fear-full
doubtful
maximum worriers

They have lost the inclination to hope
Maybe for good reason, but I can't go there

I have decided to dissent.
To choose another path.

Happiness is a choice.
Hope is a lifeline.
Being positive is necessary.
Clear-seeing in the light.
I am a Dissident of the Light.

As the great Lombardi also once said: "Run to Daylight."

The a.m. soundtrack - Rye's -  "Woman"   (2013). Another rare find. I was tipped to this one by Greg Kot from Sound Opinions. Mellow. Lush. Sort of a mysterious record and band. Started as a duo and then became something else. The vocalist is male, sounds a bit like Sade. Amazing. "Innovative Leisure" music.  Sounds gorgeous and very, very, chill this morning.

Blog Archive