I have never been a germaphobe. Until now.
I have never been a hypochondriac. Until now.
A Frog in the Throat?! Yikes.
A Sneeze? Holy Shit.
Was that a Cough? Heaven Forbid.
I go through the inventory: Where did I go, who did I encounter, what did I touch, how often have I washed my hands?
I wear a mask every day. Open the doors to our building with a paper towel. I count my fingers and toes every day. Listen to my body. What's going on in there?!
All seems fine this morning. No cold, no virus. I am "relatively healthy." That's a thing, right?!
There is death and mayhem all around us. Over 100,000 deaths attributed to Covid-19 in the USA. A sad, tragic milestone. It truly is the "plague." The New Dark Ages. No doubt.
The people in charge here are incompetent, corrupt, vindictive and paranoid. Doesn't help the situation. How to be positive/optimistic? Is that even a correct way to be?
I don't know. I see light. I do. I think we are at a pivot point in our Democracy. A dark time is here, but it won't be here forever. Let's hope some of us make it thru. Blue Wave 2020. And then let's all turn to empathy, social justice, a better Democracy, a new vivid world of light. Yes. I see it.
The a.m. soundtrack - Bonnie Prince Billy - "I See a Darkness" (1999). This is a dark one. Stark. Vivid. A "delicate, intelligent record." No doubt. Layered. Empathetic. Will Oldham's voice is an expressive, keening, haunting thing. There's a skull on the cover.
- A Better, More Just, Equal & Loving Union.
- Is that Too Much to Ask?!
- That Long Book...
- A New Vivid World of Light...
- Defeat the "Inner Saboteur."
- Dazed by the String of Days...
- The Mind Game of "What If?"
- Live There...
- The Waiting is the Hardest Part, No Doubt...
- The Natives are Restless.
- Remember Your Essence.
- "Something Happened."
- Secret Garden.
- Goofing Off is Now Essential.
- "Me" Watching "Me."
- Blank Slate.
- We Can Choose To Live Lives of Clarity, Hope, Love...
- People Really, Really Do Have the Power...
- Dream Eno.
- The Common Sense Contingent...
- Caught in Between.
- Dissident of the Light.
- You Have Always Relied on the Kindness of Stranger...
- Make it to the Daylight.
- Jumping Ahead.
- What Season is It?
- A Guest & A Teacher.
- Simplify. Serpentine.
- Our Only Hope is Clear-Seeing.
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)