Faux Fu

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Making Movies


Last night I caught a few songs from a TV concert by Mark Knopfler and Emmy Lou Harris. They were playing songs from this cd. Not exactly sure how they hooked up, but together they turn out to be a great musical duo. I haven't thought of Knopfler for awhile, but I was always a fan of his band Dire Straits. This classic album (one of the greats!), when it came out, (I owned the vinyl) really took hold of me. I remember one summer just playing it over and over.

Knopfler is a great guitarist and singer/songwriter. He's cool and subtle and has light, classy touch. I watched him last night play a variety of guitars (Les Paul, Strat, Tele) using his unique finger-style approach. It was superb, breathtaking in a perfectly understated way. Emmy Lou added some ethereal vocals. Nice stuff.

Blog Archive