Faux Fu

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Freak Fest

Yesterday was hot, not quite blazing hot, but hot. We found ourselves in a dark theater space rehearsing our songs with our new drummer and bass player. It was the four of us, playing music for hours on end. The sweat poured off all of us. The Lovely Carla and I now have a full-fledged band. We will be premiering the group at Freak Fest an outdoor festival to be held at the end of July up in Plateville, Wisconsin. After a couple of hours, we were all tired, sweaty, and one of the players said, "I love playing!" Now that was music to my ears. I'm confident we have the right group of musicians. It was great to hear a new, distinctive sound slowly emerging. It was a blast, and a beginning. By the time the fest rolls around I think we'll definitely be ready to "get our freak on!"

Blog Archive