Faux Fu

Sunday, June 09, 2024

Unconnected, Floaty...

Funny. The last few weeks, I "fell off the planet." Really. That is how it feels. I was so loaded down with responsibilites, I cleared the decks and just concentrated on being a "lowly" caretaker. A caretaker of a little mob of furry beings. I have been pretty disconnected from the Human Realm, sunk primarily in my own Humaness. I have worked hard at being present & optimistic. You know, trying to carry on with heart, soul & verve. I just learned that my imposed retreat will last for another 10 days or so. Ha. I am "guided by voices," I accept the reality of my limited usefulness to the world, which, really is pretty limited. Most of my discoveries and occupying moments are to be found in being fully present. Studying clouds & trees. Studying silence, and then blasting the most joyful music I can find on seriously pro sound-systems: Roxy Music, Beatles, Brian Ferry, Steely Dan reverberating thru the rooms and halls. Playing guitar too. Working on some new songs, with two different collaborators. It's a weird existence. Luxurious digs, massive structures. Lots of time. Time sometimes seems to come to a complete stand-still. Time really is mine. It's not a difficult state to be in, just feels a bit weird, unconnected, floaty. Disconnected and connected at the same time.

Blog Archive