Faux Fu

Friday, May 25, 2018

Behind Blue Eyes, Behind Black Shades...

Yes. No doubt. 

The best things in life are free. So even though we are in the clutches of a "malignant capitalism" (see previous post), that consumes everything, turns us into crazed-24/7-consumers, inexorably turns Mother Nature and all her beauty, all her pretty creatures, to smoke, well, when it comes down to it, (might sound like a cliche, but it's true), money, the buying and the selling, can't bring you love or happiness, or eternal life.

Life is life. Love is love. Happiness is happiness. It comes like the rain, or the sunshine. Or not.

Anyway, yesterday was sort of perfect day. Sunshine. Warm. Not humid. Gorgeous blue sky. A slight breeze. I found myself on the lakefront. Everything seemed alive. The Rocks. The Water. The Sky. The Greenery. People everywhere. People Doing People Things: walking, running, biking, roller-blading, Mothers pushing plump New Babies in strollers, wind-surfing, walking the dog, sailing, sun-bathing, lazing, talking, meditating, sleeping, picnicking, bbq-ing, eating, laughing, smooching.

I was on my bicycle: an old clunker from the late 60's or early 70's. Solid. A bit homely. Classic. I was alone, taking in the day. Overwhelmed by so much life and energy. It was like injecting all this life and energy into my bloodstream. A total kick. Behind Blue Eyes, Behind Black Shades. It was exhilarating. Couldn't get enough of it. I could just feel all that energy, all that motion & commotion, all that life, seeping into me. It was glorious.

Blog Archive