Wednesday, October 26, 2016
We Lose Some Essential Liveliness Too!
To be positive, hopeful, optimistic. It's kind of a "counter-cultural" stance. So much of our public conversation is negative, fearful, pessimistic. It's considered "smarter" to curb your enthusiasm. So much easier to be cynical, sarcastic, ironic; there's a lot less at stake, it's less risky, there's less of a chance of being hurt. Of course you lose some essential liveliness too. Yes, we must open our eyes to reality, we must see clearly, but we also need to dream, to believe, to work towards a better day.
- ► 2017 (326)
- Cooler Heads Prevail!
- My Wounded Country!
- Mini-Stalin, Baby-Mussolini!
- Pussy Riot Takes on Trump & Vaginas!
- "A Lying, Screaming Prophet of American Decline!"
- We Lose Some Essential Liveliness Too!
- Enthusiastically Voting For & Against!
- I Do the Work!
- It Should Be Easier for Folks To Vote!
- Sink & Swim!
- "Sin & Redemption!"
- I'm with the Nasty Woman!
- Demographics Baby!
- The Dead Will Save Our Asses!
- This Tendency is Deadly!
- HST - Madness, Fear & Loathing 2016!
- "There's always that guy that things happen to."
- A Strange, Spiky, Brittle, Funny, Amazing Human Be...
- Noble Bob Wins the Nobel!
- Like Attracts Like!
- No Accolades for the Full-On Moron!
- Post Debate!
- It is Implosion Time!
- PussyGate - Frat-Boy Cretin!
- The Good Old Days...
- The Man Who Was Doomed to Failure!
- Silence, Contemplation, Loneliness!
- Superior Knowledge & Diligence!
- Funny Math!
- Pure, Beautiful, Evocative Sound!
- The Beast and the Beauty!
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)