Dr. Sam Wang discusses "motivated reasoning." As he says, which explains a lot of the madness of the moment...
"Our brains are really good at letting in information that agrees with our prior views and we look for reasons to reject information that is disagreeable. In a complex media environment, this tendency is deadly."
So yes, "Richie-Rich" burns himself and his brand (see previous post) at the stake, and the racially resentful hordes cheer him on, and they actually somehow convince themselves that his burned- to-the-crisp-corpse would make an excellent Strong-man President!
- Cooler Heads Prevail!
- My Wounded Country!
- Mini-Stalin, Baby-Mussolini!
- Pussy Riot Takes on Trump & Vaginas!
- "A Lying, Screaming Prophet of American Decline!"
- We Lose Some Essential Liveliness Too!
- Enthusiastically Voting For & Against!
- I Do the Work!
- It Should Be Easier for Folks To Vote!
- Sink & Swim!
- "Sin & Redemption!"
- I'm with the Nasty Woman!
- Demographics Baby!
- The Dead Will Save Our Asses!
- This Tendency is Deadly!
- HST - Madness, Fear & Loathing 2016!
- "There's always that guy that things happen to."
- A Strange, Spiky, Brittle, Funny, Amazing Human Be...
- Noble Bob Wins the Nobel!
- Like Attracts Like!
- No Accolades for the Full-On Moron!
- Post Debate!
- It is Implosion Time!
- PussyGate - Frat-Boy Cretin!
- The Good Old Days...
- The Man Who Was Doomed to Failure!
- Silence, Contemplation, Loneliness!
- Superior Knowledge & Diligence!
- Funny Math!
- Pure, Beautiful, Evocative Sound!
- The Beast and the Beauty!
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)