Faux Fu

Monday, December 20, 2004

Storm Gathering

It's Monday morning, I've got things to do, promises to keep, I'm not going to talk about how cold it is, I live in the Midwest, it's December, so is it news that the windchill is in the minus territory? There was a time when I used to dismiss the windchill, thinking this was just piling on, more pessimism, but running on the lakefront, with a strong North wind trying to blow you down, kind of re-enforces the whole windchill concept (speed of wind x temp = damn cold).

Now I have been wrestling with some deep issues this weekend, all relating to my workplace. It's amazing how a little microcosm of people - the things they do and say, can bring up all the fundamental questions: What is a man? What is the good life? What is unacceptable? How do you deal with the intolerant/intolerable?

One positive: I have been using my tools, I have been working from a place of clarity, I can see the storm gathering, I have been able to let it all come down without being clouded by emotion. Also, we had a good weekend, we went to two Christmas parties (first time I saw 'White Christmas' all the way through - they don't make them like that anymore, Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby are freaks of nature), and we just kind of let the energy of all these interesting people wash over us.

So, I'm ready for anything, back into the cauldron of 'needing, wanting, grasping.' Steeled, refreshed. Is it to be: tragical, comical, historical? Or: comical, tragical, historical? Or: historical, comical, tragical? Most likely, all of the above.

Blog Archive