Faux Fu

Monday, December 13, 2004

Animation

I made an appointment yesterday to get a haircut with Deandre (I'm thinking a hot, European woman) turns out my 'clipper,' was a bald, studly, African American man. I couldn't very well say, 'give me the same as you,' so I told him to give me 'an over-all trim.' He did a great job; my hair is a little less 'old, used, mop,' and a little more, 'shiny, new, mop.'

I browsed 'Bookman's Alley,' and picked up an odd little book about Jean Cocteau, a discussion of his films, his poetry, and (this was the clincher), his philosopy. I'm looking for an animating philosopy. Some candidates: The Grateful Dead - 'take what you need, and you leave the rest.' Bob Dylan - 'don't follow leaders, watch for parking meters.' Buddha - 'life is suffering.' The Band - 'life is a carnival.'

Later in the day, we shot some more video of 'Free Henry Goodbar, Telepath.' The session went smoothly, the actors were in the flow, I was Christopher Isherwood: 'I am a camera.' It's more satisfying on the other side of the camera capturing images. The tape assures that this event happened, these people existed, these words were spoken, etc.

Blog Archive