Faux Fu

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Submerged

Yesterday, I was in the 'blue chair,' cell phone in hand, a laptop computer for my business tasks, and my desktop computer for my editing tasks; I loaded up the cd player with two disks from the Drive by Truckers and one from Gillian Welch, and plunged into the work.

Sometimes it feels good to 'submerge.' The hours float by. By the end of the day, I had accomplished much: I finished the 'Rahsid,' scenes for 'Goodbar.' I am very happy with the four short films we've created. Rahsid is the character who really holds the piece together, he makes a journey, which ends with a shot of water and light.

On the business side of things, I talked through some issues, tried to move things forward. The accomplishments: much more nebulous, but I kept the game moving forward.

We topped off the evening with a dinner at 'Oceanique,' a French restuarant down the block. We had a great, three course meal, rich and rewarding. Slept well. Today we rehearse and attend to a million details on the production. Sometimes there's no time to think, instead it's all about the 'doing.'

Blog Archive