Faux Fu

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Ride the Whirlwind

A good day yesterday. I conducted a teleconference connecting parties from the East Coast to the West. Might be on the fast track to a partner opportunity for my company. Good timing seems like magic. In the afternoon, I hooked up with Michael Patrick Sullivan and we headed over to Peter Jones Gallery to play music. It felt good to strap on my electric guitar. Michael plays some nice 'dark' songs; edgy and brittle, made me think of 'The Violent Femmes.' I tried to add some dark shadings. We played for hours. Playing guitar is one of my favorite things; puts me in a positive, relaxed frame.

This is the final weekend before the 'Henry Goodbar,' opening. Key rehearsals today and tomorrow. David is in from Sante Fe as the 'third eye.' There are a million little details (light adjustments, sound cues), but I'm feeling good about where we're heading. I'm hoping we'll have an audience. I'm jumping into the whirlwind. No looking back. 'Damn the torpedoes!'

Blog Archive