Faux Fu

Friday, August 13, 2004

What's important? To find some 'authenticity' in life, to find passion, to be able to let it all go at a moments notice?

There's this endless 'cycle.' Up, down, up again, down again: this is the wheel. As Dylan reminds us, 'this wheel's on fire.'

I'm back to my familiar world. Dealing with contracts, lawyers. Last week, we signed a contract, now our lawyer wants to 'walk back the cat,' undo what we have done. I think it's a fool's game.

Black Forest: key rehearsals set for this weekend. Abbie Hoffman next week. I'm working on the soundtrack, Carla's finalizing costumes. I've memorized my lines, still working on physicality, vocal range.

Strange, it is the play: acting, imagining, creating this little mirage, that leads me to my authenticity, my passion. Imagine a world where everything has meaning, everything reflects back a diamond consciousness.

'And when I was a boy...everything was right.'

Blog Archive