Hello old friend. My blog has become my conscience.
I love Montreal. It may be a different story in the winter, but, August in Montreal, is exquisite.
I've had my fill of this damn conference. I made a good connection or two. Good riddance.
The joy has been Old Montreal. I had a great dinner at 'Ghandi' last night. Indian food with a touch of French Canadian class.
I have been captivated by the women of Montreal. Beautiful, petite, French Canadiens, who have this uncanny ability to see through or past me. They are expert at being seen, but not seeing. There have been times, I thought, I was finally invisible, one of my goals ever since I was young.
So what is this compulsion to act, to be onstage, to perform for an audience? Oh well, chalk it up to the contradiction of a life.
Flight out tonight at 6:00 p.m. In the meantime, I will 'drift with the stream.' One more time, I will wander the cobblestone streets, see how my fellow human beings are amusing themselves.
- ► 2019 (340)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)
- Equisite Lonliness
- 'I'm a Ford Not a Lincoln' -- G. Ford, 1976
- Performing for the Trees
- A One Time Affair
- The Salt March
- Beyond Success
- The Sky is Crying
- As Time Goes By
- 'Magic is a one time affair'
- Google Abbie Hoffman
- Never Mind
- In the dark this morning. No sun. The light must...
- Patchy fog this morning. Woke up with that old Po...
- What kind of 'glasses' should I wear? The kind th...
- Yesterday seemed like a week; Rehearsal, Abbie Hof...
- To bed late (a dinner party at the neighbors), up ...
- The play's the thing. The last two rehearsals (to...
- What's important? To find some 'authenticity' in ...
- Back home feels good. Quite a trip, Montreal offe...
- Hello old friend. My blog has become my conscienc...
- A new man today. The hard edginess, from lack of s...
- Everything is different this morning. Different be...
- Rehearsal today, then a flight to Montreal tonight...
- Yesterday: played hooky, Huck Finn in a Sonata. A...
- Not exactly 'dog days.' A cool front has moved in...
- Stormy night, stormy day. Yesterday was the per...
- Little moments finally add up to something, but in...
- The 'FireSign Theater,' had an album entitled, 'We...
- Up early, bright, alive. Energy: where does it ...
- ▼ August (29)