Faux Fu

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Patchy fog this morning. Woke up with that old Police song rattling in my cranium, 'too much information, running round my head, too much information.'

Time has slowed down. My days are long and productive. Juggling business (we inked a 5 year Cook County contract) and Black Forest (completed the soundtrack, perfecting my lines).

As I run on the lakefront, I mutter my lines from 'Henry Goodbar.' Passerbys probably think I'm a madman, not so sure they are wrong. Last two days, I have been extending my run. I have been wearing my 'cheap' New Balance Trail Runners, which I bought for $35 at a sidewalk sale, and they have put my more expensive shoes to shame.

I've been thinking lately of 'game theory,' which posits that all human activity is basically a 'game' where each participant tries to maximize their advantage. This corresponds to concepts in my Psychic Energy work, which talks about how we are 'playing' at various roles. But no game totally encompasses our essence.

Came across this Issac Bashevis Singer quote, in response to his first visit to Coney Island: "one day all people will realize there is not a single idea that can really be called true -- that everything is a game: nationalism, internationalism, religion, atheism, spiritualism, materialism, even suicide."

Even suicide. Now there's a loser's game. Singer doesn't judge, he doesn't say this is good, or bad, it is what it is...nothing more, nothing less.

Blog Archive