None of us really know what we are doing. No one. Especially the ones in the fancy outfits: 3 piece suits, flowing robes, uniforms of every stripe. Even the "common ones." Are we all just imposters? Living examples of the "Imposter Syndrome" - a psychological pattern in which one doubts one's accomplishments and has a persistent internalized fear of being exposed as a "fraud".
Some say all adults are basically "damaged children." We are all to some extent the "Wounded Child." Living in adult bodies, in an adult world. It's all a bit of a masquerade. Are we all afraid of being found out?
Who am I to write all this down? I am a full-time, professional Human Being myself. And an amateur psychologist. It's a bit of an imposter game I play too. So often you find out what you thought you knew you really didn't know. And the ones who claim some great knowledge or wisdom are basically pissing in the wind.
"Know thyself." Know that you don't really know. Maybe that's a start?
Soundtrack this a.m. - Yo Lo Tengo's "And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out." Transcendent, no-nonsense, hushed, beauty. "You can have it all," lingers in your head. It's a whisper in the ear. A mantra. Perfect soundtrack for an Imposter kind of morning. I mean, come on, Who do you think you are?
- There is Always A War...
- American Fascist!
- "Fuck Your Speakers" - Sturgill Simpson
- Let Mr. Mustache Sing!
- The Sadness of Being Human.
- I am Not Holding My Breath.
- "You Got No Time for the Messenger, You Got No Fea...
- "If Not, We are Lost." - Adam Schiff
- 53 Republican Senators: "See No Evil, Hear No Evil...
- Alternately Inspiring & Deflating.
- Impeachment 2020. History Doesn't Repeat, It Rhyme...
- Beloved Community!
- "... Corruption Itself, Naked, Unapologetic, and I...
- Turn the Idiots Off!
- An Imposter Kind of Morning...
- What About My Mood?!
- Quicksilver Brilliance.
- Old Testament Judgement.
- Fail or Fuckup...
- Unbelievable is a Stunner.
- Morning Report...
- Missile Strikes this A.M.? Not Good.
- Musical Therapy, Retro-Style
- Tested by the Fates and Furies...
- A Problem of Scale.
- One Step, One Thought, One Dream at a Time
- Richard Thompson - Wizard, Magus, Holy Fool.
- The Possible.
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)