I cringe at having to take up the topic. William Barr, Attorney General of the U.S. , the head of the "Department of Justice" reveals himself as an "Ayatollah of the Christian Right." Really. Funny. Horrifying.
So it turns out the Barr is a right-wing, true believer, at war with secularists & progressives:
"This is not decay. This is organized destruction. Secularists and their allies have marshaled all the forces of mass communication, popular culture, the entertainment industry, and academia in an unremitting assault on religion & traditional values." - Wm. Barr
Explains so much. Barr is bending the law to carry on his war with the modern world, in support of a "pussy-grabbing," white, racist, imperial President. Good luck, fucker.
So according to Barr our problem is not crony capitalism, not white supremacy, not discrimination against women and people of color, but "secularism" & "progressives."
The mind reels.
An aside: As an Ex-Catholic myself I can testify that much of the flight from the Catholic Church is not the result of the pressure of militant progressives, but from the Church's own moral corruption. Think: support and cover-up of Pedophile Priests. Years of coverups, and official protection for abusers of children. Many of my friends and associates have exited the Catholic Criminal Enterprise and gone onto greener pastures at other more "liberal-minded" places like the Episcopal Church. Woman Priests! Lesbian Women Priests! Diversity! Multiculturalism, Social Activism, Progressive Politics. Oh my! Organized Destruction, indeed!
Barr is so full of his own shit. He is a position of great power, but I do think he is whistling past the graveyard; Barr is like one of those old Stalinists of the Soviet Era, a relic from the past, fading away, a dying breed, good riddance.
Can secularists and progressives live moral, ethical lives without clinging to the old creeds? Of course. What of the Left-Wing, Liberal, Progressives who preach love, multiculturalism, diversity and inclusion. What of equality, fraternity, liberty?
Hope lies in the future: beyond racism, beyond slavery, beyond patriarchy, beyond the old creeds and superstitions. The most destructive forces today? Rampant corruption, malignant capitalism, white supremacy, income inequality. Barr is clinging to an old world picture. A dead-end. Good riddance. May the corruption swallow him whole.
Justice. The future is unwritten. We can write a new future: more diverse, more equitable, more inclusive, more welcoming of all races, creeds and colors. A rainbow of love. Yes. I believe.
- First Snow, Fall 2019...
- Young Dylan Already Death-Obsessed.
- The Small Things...
- Oh Poor Little Baby Man, Where Did the Love Go?
- The Church of the Creative Seekers.
- Wrapped in Mystery.
- Pray or Pay Homage. Or "You Gotta Serve Somebody....
- Open Yourself to the Wonder...
- Mere Epiphany.
- Dreams are Just Another Angle on Reality...
- I Finally Won Over My Favorite Barista!
- "All roads with you lead to Putin." - Nancy Pelosi...
- Helplessness Blues...
- Ukraine is Russia. 2016 is 2020. Trump is Putin.
- Re-Writing Headlines Now...
- The Attorney General of the U.S. is an Ayatollah o...
- Thinking of a Better Human Being.
- One of our Favorite Past-Times...
- Off The Hook!
- The Oracle of Imbecility!
- Popped Into My Head.
- The Almost Never-Finders.
- A Series of Dreams, No Really Just Two...
- Impeachment, It's On All of Us.
- A Fruitless Exercise.
- Can You Die From Hiccups?
- "... Power and Greed and Corruptible Seed Seem to ...
- Too much skullduggery to catalog this A.M.
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)