Feeling off the hook, like one of those old rotary phones.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, never mind, it's from another time and place in a land far away. Did it all ever really exist? I don't know. I have lost the narrative thread. Too many unreliable narrators, too many cul de sacs, too many random episodes and surreal, nonsensical scenes. David Byrne: "Stop Making Sense." No worries on that count. Some mornings, really, nothing makes sense. It's all sort of David Lynchian - dark doings, dancing little people, ominous music, lots of foreshadowing, and hints of strange violence and volcanic emotion.
You get the distinct impression no one is in charge, no one really knows what's what, and all the supposed explanations fall flat, or sound ridiculous, or are just calculated lies to confuse you even more. Living in a state of confusion. Ha.
I am thinking about Kayne West this A.M. Taking a break from my Dylan obsession I am listening to Van Morrison's, "Hardnose the Highway," and "Inarticulate Speech of the Heart." Inarticulate. Indeed. Anyway, the last time I wrote about the Branded Hip-Hop Genius Kanye West, I quoted Tariq Ali: "Wealth determines consciousness." I wondered if it was all about the $. Maybe. Where do you go next after you've acquired everything? Do you get fat, sitting on the couch, eating fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches and shout obscenities at the TV all day? Or do you hide in your mansion and store your urine in jars? Or run to therapy, or a 12 step-program, or you end up doing a cabaret act in Vegas? Or medicate yourself with every drug invented and surf off into a zoned-out oblivion, and certain death? Just how are you gonna kill time?
What is the logical next step for a Branded Hip-Hop Genius?
Well, I didn't see this one coming, but of course, it does make sense: Turn to Jesus. Then become Jesus. Then transcend Jesus and become a God. And then lead a branded-NDA-wielding Cult. Brilliant. Logical. Kanye.
Who can argue with any of that? Really? Being a God, leading a Cult? Shite, man, that's a job! Put me back on the hook! Taking calls now!
- ► 2020 (263)
- First Snow, Fall 2019...
- Young Dylan Already Death-Obsessed.
- The Small Things...
- Oh Poor Little Baby Man, Where Did the Love Go?
- The Church of the Creative Seekers.
- Wrapped in Mystery.
- Pray or Pay Homage. Or "You Gotta Serve Somebody....
- Open Yourself to the Wonder...
- Mere Epiphany.
- Dreams are Just Another Angle on Reality...
- I Finally Won Over My Favorite Barista!
- "All roads with you lead to Putin." - Nancy Pelosi
- Helplessness Blues...
- Ukraine is Russia. 2016 is 2020. Trump is Putin.
- Re-Writing Headlines Now...
- The Attorney General of the U.S. is an Ayatollah o...
- Thinking of a Better Human Being.
- One of our Favorite Past-Times...
- Off The Hook!
- The Oracle of Imbecility!
- Popped Into My Head.
- The Almost Never-Finders.
- A Series of Dreams, No Really Just Two...
- Impeachment, It's On All of Us.
- A Fruitless Exercise.
- Can You Die From Hiccups?
- "... Power and Greed and Corruptible Seed Seem to ...
- Too much skullduggery to catalog this A.M.
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)