"What's Going On?"
"Who really cares?"
"Who is willing to try?"
Listening to the great Marvin Gaye this morning, his incandescent masterpiece: "What's Going On?"
Yes, perfect soundtrack for another existential crisis. It comes around often around here. The crisis I mean. Could be once in awhile, once a week, once a day, once an hour, pretty much every blink of an eye. Why are we here? Where are we going?
I was in the heaviest of heavy conversations with a close friend last night. The conversation took a bleak, dark turn. The deepest yearning, the most essential questing, the darkest of emotions, the deepest of fears, the pain and suffering of being human exposed to the light of the moment.
There are some questions you just can't answer. There is some pain you just can't fix. You can only listen and acknowledge the reality of it. Embody it. These are things we all face. Life. Death. Loss. What do we believe? How can we feel safe? How do we make it in the world? How do we take it all in and move forward? How to find Grace, Love, Humility?
I always fall back on the cliches I've learned over my life. It's all mystery. A strange, bewildering adventure. What are my devices for survival?
Meditation. Be onto the next thing. Remember it's not all about you. Keep moving. Lean to the light. Listen to the Great Coach, Vince Lombardi: Run to Daylight. We don't need to solve life. It's not a riddle to figure out. We live it the best we can. Embody the moment. That is where life resides.
It's okay to not know. It's okay to ask questions. Find a quiet place. Find the quiet center inside of you. Open yourself to the wonder. That's basically all I got...
- ► 2020 (196)
- First Snow, Fall 2019...
- Young Dylan Already Death-Obsessed.
- The Small Things...
- Oh Poor Little Baby Man, Where Did the Love Go?
- The Church of the Creative Seekers.
- Wrapped in Mystery.
- Pray or Pay Homage. Or "You Gotta Serve Somebody....
- Open Yourself to the Wonder...
- Mere Epiphany.
- Dreams are Just Another Angle on Reality...
- I Finally Won Over My Favorite Barista!
- "All roads with you lead to Putin." - Nancy Pelosi
- Helplessness Blues...
- Ukraine is Russia. 2016 is 2020. Trump is Putin.
- Re-Writing Headlines Now...
- The Attorney General of the U.S. is an Ayatollah o...
- Thinking of a Better Human Being.
- One of our Favorite Past-Times...
- Off The Hook!
- The Oracle of Imbecility!
- Popped Into My Head.
- The Almost Never-Finders.
- A Series of Dreams, No Really Just Two...
- Impeachment, It's On All of Us.
- A Fruitless Exercise.
- Can You Die From Hiccups?
- "... Power and Greed and Corruptible Seed Seem to ...
- Too much skullduggery to catalog this A.M.
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)