Faux Fu

Friday, March 25, 2016

Another One in a Long Line of Other Ones!

It takes an astrophysicist to remind you that you are just stardust. In the grand picture, you are distantly related to those bright, burning orbs deep in the distance in the black night. But you are also distantly related to the dust sitting under the kitchen table.

Distantly related to the great and not so great. So above, so below.

Yesterday was raw, cold, a hard rain, and it made you wonder about your fate. Wandering thru the streets, leading little furry animals on their daily constitutionals. How did things come to this? Was it "faith or fate?" Or a little of both?

Does all the credit and blame sit on my shoulders? And just why haven't I added up to the person that I thought I'd add up to? There has been no grand plan that I can discern. Things went well, things went bad, and I tried to improvise an answer, and some days I'm just glad to wake up relatively intact.

Is that enough? For a life? It's mine, whether I want it or not. I do want it, but it's not exactly what I expected. But then again, who am I to complain? I'm part star, part dust. And just another one in a long line of other ones.

Blog Archive