"I vant to be alone." - Greta Garbo
"Life is people." - Bill Fay
"Hell is other people." - Jean Paul Sartre
A new study tells us "Smart People Would Prefer You Went Away." It seems that many "smart people" are pursuing some larger goal, and other people are kind of a distraction.
I do think sometimes it's much more fulfilling to be onto something bigger, some goal or task, or dream. Other people come and go.
On the other hand, no man is an island. We do need other folks in our lives. It helps to really have a few really important, close people in your life.
But maybe not too many people. You need space, and time, to do something really, really important. Or all consuming. If you can find something in which to occupy yourself.
- For Once He Will Be Right!
- The Practice of Effortlessness!
- Fiona Apple's Affair!
- Varieties of Bullshit!
- What Happens Can't Unhappen!
- Another One in a Long Line of Other Ones!
- Ambivalent About Other People!
- The Power of the True Idiot!
- "My Hands are Normal Hands!" - Hah!
- My Party, My Rules!
- The Party of Losers!
- Still Alive and Doing Everything You Want Iggy to ...
- Time to Renew!
- Less Panic, Less Talk...
- Panic! Panic at the Disco!
- Quite Muddy!
- Bully Power
- The Conduit of Ugliness!
- Dark Circus!
- Authoritarian vs. Anti-Authoritarian!
- The Short-Fingered Vulgarian Rides the Wave!
- We Can All Be Poets and Geniuses!
- Tom Joad of the Animal Kingdom
- We Can Only "Inter-Be!"
- How to Love!
- Look Up!
- Trump's Black Magic!
- "Walks Like A Penguin!" And "We're made out of tha...
- Words of Wisdom from Ray D.
- Two Famous Cranks Meet in New Orleans!
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)