Faux Fu

Friday, April 27, 2012

Drone Ballets


Yes, the "re-purposing" of sanitation equipment (see previous post) kind of blows me away.  Someone sees a dumpster and imagines a pinhole camera.


That kind of creative imaginative act is almost "magical." Conjuring something out of something else.


I love my rock and roll, and I love my little tube amp.  And that tube technology came from the military! So all that great rock and roll (over-saturated tubes pushed to the limits by a cranked electric guitar) is really just "re-purposed" military equipment.  Twist and Shout!


And maybe in the future those Drones that are used to hunt down and kill people in the streets of Karachi will be "repurposed" to create music, or maybe they will be re-programed to dance?


Maybe in some future Dystopia people will watch squadrons of "re-purposed" drones dancing in the sky; the population will be entertained by elaborate drone symphonies and drone ballets.  Imagine!

Blog Archive